Critical Care Transport Online Review Course Overview
A comprehensive online course with 22 interactive modules, scheduled webinars, various video and pdf materials and many tests, scenarios, and mock exams to help students get prepared for the Critical Care Paramedic and Flight Paramedic board certification exams.
The full course takes approximately 70 hrs to complete, including at least 20 hrs self-tests. This could be completed on your own pace: the subscription is valid for one year. Health care provider (preferably paramedic) background is essential but no previous critical care experience is necessary, as the interactive online modules will build up the foundations from absolute beginner to expert level.
Webinars are scheduled to practice 12 lead ECG, arterial blood gas (ABG) interpretation scenarios, mechanical ventilation scenarios and practicing the evaluation of haemodynamic parameters (CVP, CO, PCWP, SVR, etc).
This course is approved by the International Board for Specialty Certifications.
The course will prepare the student to pass the Board Certification Exam; further clinical and non-technical skills, as well as hands-on teaching, is also provided separately by COROM at its Classroom in Malta and its optional clinical placements.
Interactive Online Lectures:
- Introduction to the online course and materials
- Basic concepts of critical care
- Critical Care diagnostics: X-Ray, CT, Ultrasound and Lab results
- Critical Care pharmacology
- ECG Interpretation
- Blood Gas Interpretation
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Haemodynamics and haemodynamic monitoring
- Infections and Sepsis
- Cardiology emergencies and critical care
- Intra Aortic Balloon Pump
- Pulmonary Critical Care
- Neuro-Critical Care
- Endocrine emergencies
- Gastro-intestinal emergencies
- Toxicology in critical care
- Renal failure and Renal Replacement Therapy (RRT)
- Obstetric emergencies
- Fetal monitoring
- Neonatal emergencies
- Paediatric emergencies
- Eye emergencies
- Aeromedical considerations
- Flight physiology
- Environmental emergencies
- Critical Care interventions
- Preparation for the final exam
- 12 lead ECG Interpretation
- ABG Interpretation
- Interpreting haemodynamic values
- Mechanical ventilation scenarios
- Video files / demonstrations
- Lecture handouts for all interactive lectures (pdf)
- Downloadable guidelines, protocols (pdf)
- Downloadable relevant journal articles (pdf)
- Links to relevant websites and other online materials
- MCQ Tests for self-assessment
“Online learning” is not “learning alone”:
- A nominated personal tutor
- Student Forum and discussion group
- On-demand conferences and webinars
- Duration: Self paced online learning. Total time necessary: approx. 70 hrs.
- Cost: £249
- Start anytime
- Online access for one year
- Requirement: need to be a health care provider (preferably paramedic) but no formal qualification or prior critical care experience is necessary for enrolment. See requirements for the IBSC Board Certification here.
- Delivered via the Sandio Online Courses platform developed for COROM.
For more information, please contact the Course Director: Dr Csaba Dioszeghy
Join the Course
You can join the course at any time:
- Visit the Online Course Centre by clicking on the image:
- Sign up for a free account
- Try the first lecture: CCP-C/FP-C INTRODUCTION MODULE along with the Pre-course MCQ Test
- If you feel the course format meets your expectations, purchase the Course by subscribing for one year.
If you need further information about the course, contact the Course Director