Paediatric Advanced Life Support
The PALS Provider includes 8 hours of online instruction, 8 hours of hands-on skills training. This course is taught for advanced level providers. Certification comes from the American Safety and Health Institute.
One Day of ACLS Including:
- ABCDs of Emergency Cardiac Care
- Rhythm Recognition and Management
- Electrical Therapy
- Airway Management
- Hands-on with airway adjuncts, oxygen delivery devices, bag-mask devices
- Electrical Therapy
- Hands-on with manual defibrillation, synchronised cardioversion and transcutaneous pacing
- Patient assessment and management
- Basic and advanced airway management
- CPR with AED
- ECG reading and proper treatment
- Advanced resus as a team
27 October, 2020
9 am to 5 pm
This course will be held at Seabreeze Hotel which is located in Birzebbuga. (Right on the seafront.)
The classroom is located on the first floor of the hotel. Enter the building by the side entrance (hotel reception) and make your way upstairs. There, the classroom is located to your left, through the glass doors.
The course will begin at 9 pm and finish at around 5 pm.
There will be a one-hour dinner break.
What you need to bring to the course:
- Notebook/ Paper / Pens / Laptop (according to preference, for taking notes)
- WIFI is available.
- Tea, coffee, water and light refreshments will be provided during break times.
- A good selection of coffee shops and restaurants are located close by.
This was probably the best course I’ve been to so far.
I got so much more than I expected. Not only did I learn house to manage burns, Dr De Mello took time to give each and everyone of us career advice. To date I have had no other person sit down and mentor me the way he did. I will definitely try to take more courses from merit, especially if he is teaching.
Practical first-hand accounts including innovative way of applying treatment in the pre-hospital and emergent scene. Case-based scenarios were also extremely useful in simulating real-life situations.
The scenario situations as they really made us think outside the box and put to practise all that we learned in the day.
The case presentations far exceeded my expecations and it was a pleasure to have crossed paths with Dr de Mello.
It was really helpful that Dr Mello customized the course to meet our groups expertise and challenged us to tactically assess and manage burn patients.
Practical tips and tricks for tackling burns and analgesia were particularly helpful.
Interactive teaching style kept sessions interesting and stimulating
Holistic approach to patient care also excellent