Remote Medical Life Support (Online Review Course)
The RMLS is a three day course that focuses on the top twenty ailments seen by remote medics, military medics or any healthcare provider working in austere locations.
This Online course covers the same topics that are taught during the classroom training and can be taken either as a preparation for the classroom training, or as a stand alone CPD/CME course.
According to research conducted by the Department of Defence, the majority of injuries and ailments found in a deployed setting fall into non-combat injury category. Therefore, Disease and Non Battle Injuries (DNBI) cause more interruption and loss of production than any other type of injuries. Additionally, civilian remote medics see that 18 of the top 20 injuries and ailments are non-trauma based. This article is based on that research. Therefore, CoROM has used this research to design and launch the RMLS course.
Remote Medical Life Support teaches clinical medicine for the Remote Practitioner.
RMLS Course Content
- Assessing the Medical Patient in Austere Locations
- The Respiratory Patient
- The Cardiac Patient
- Austere Wound Management
- Austere Burns Management
- Infectious Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Emergencies
- GI Case Studies
- Remote Dermatology
- Shock, Sepsis and Anaphylaxis
- Dehydration and Electrolyte Balance
- Genitourinary Emergencies
- Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose and Throat Assessment and Management
- Altered Mental Status
- Top Ten Case Studies for the Remote Medic
RMLS Course Details
- Duration: Self paced online learning
- Cost: €75
- Start anytime
- Online access for one year